So did everyone have a good NYE?
I did by attempting to drown my liver and stuff my organs. I wasn’t 100% bad but I wasn’t good to myself either. It’s weird, I kinda feel like I’ve been cheating on myself. I made a commitment and I’ve done so well by sticking by it. I’ve lost weight, gained confidence, realised the joys of fitness and finally got my asthma and eczema under control, but even after just 10 days of eating a little bit crappier I’ve notice a changed within my body.
I feel sluggish, panicky, hungrier and my asthma and eczema are back. At this point I could just give up….eat cupcakes and pretend I’m happier that way. I won’t. Why? Because I know I can do this, I just need a decent kick up the bum and these are my steps to doing it.
1. Nothing sweet after 11am – this includes fruit, honey etc.
2. Get up and exercise for a minimum of 30 mins a day – my Brobot for Xmas actually made me an exercise program which I’m looking forward to starting. He designed it to help me get fit for snowboarding in March/April. I’ll keep you updated on how it goes.
3. Drink more water!
4. Drink less wine! Back to once a week. Less if I can. Sad face.
5. Set an achievable goal – mine is to be fitter for snow boarding and to get Scotty (the dog) super fit.
6. Challenge myself and make my food interesting again.
Now, regarding step number six, I think I’ve found a way to do this. While I was trolling around on instagram, I found the 30 day Green Smoothie Challenge
Pretty much, the idea is you replace one or two of your meals with green smoothies for 30 days.
I have a smoothie anyway for breakfast at the moment, so its really about just adding more greens to it. If you look at my blog post, a tale of two vegan green smoothies, you can see I’ve tried this before. The difference is this time I won’t be breaking any blenders. Speaking of breaking, this also won’t break the bank! It’s completely free! See what I did there kids, that’s what we call segue. You can even get a nifty little e-book full of recipes and tips. During this challenge I’ll be updating my instagram daily with green smoothie pics; expect a lot of glasses, cups and jars. I might even throw in pictures of my hand and/or face. I warn you the excitement may just be a little too much. If you have any recipes, hints or advice please let me know!
Also if any fellow bloggers want to join me, shoot me an email/comment and I’ll link you into a post, tag you in my instagram and link you to any other posts I do about the smoothies.
Also come check me out of Facebook!